I gave a presentation for ETNUG tonight called “SharePoint for Developers Who Hate SharePoint.” The presentation is geared toward small IT departments who might not be able to dedicate a team to SharePoint development. (I was on one of these before I started at Trident.) These teams might not be able to use WSS to its full potential or have any need for MOSS. However, managed carefully, there are ways that out-of-the-box SharePoint features can make their lives easier.
You can download the slide deck for “SharePoint for Developers Who Hate SharePoint” as well as “Introduction to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0”, which was the original presentation I submitted for CodeStock. (They’re in PowerPoint 2007 format–you can get the PowerPoint 2007 Viewer here.
In addition, here are some of the links I mentioned in my presentation:
- Inside Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Professional SharePoint 2007 Development
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 Bible
- Microsoft SharePoint 2007 Unleashed
- elumenotion.com – Doug Ware’s site, which has his SharePoint Skinner utility and the slides from his CodeStock talk
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Best Practices
- Planning and Architecture for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- WSS3 Evaluation Virtual PC image
- MOSS 2007 Evaluation Virtual PC image
- WSPBuilder – Visual Studio extension for packaging, deploying, and debugging SharePoint solutions
- SharePoint Manager 2007
- U2U CAML Query Builder